Burger Of The Month Club

for future reference I had the burger at Naked City Brewery & Taphouse this evening. Medium rare, beefy, sturdy, but not hard bun - it was decidedly BoM worthy, and the fries were beautifully cooked if a bit over truffled.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

for future reference I had the burger at Naked City Brewery & Taphouse this evening. Medium rare, beefy, sturdy, but not hard bun - it was decidedly BoM worthy, and the fries were beautifully cooked if a bit over truffled.

Is that the place on Greenwood?

Is that the place on Greenwood?

That's the one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night at 7 at Copperleaf. Those who have said they're coming:

Lauren +1

Steve

Jan

Eden +1

Jason

Pat

Me

9 total, it's a party! Not too late to join in if you'd like. Please post ASAP if your status has changed so we can provide a final count. Thanks!

PS: There is a TV where we'll be, so we should be able to follow the election results.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night at 7 at Copperleaf. Those who have said they're coming:

Lauren +1

Steve

Jan

Eden +1

Jason

Pat

Me

9 total, it's a party! Not too late to join in if you'd like. Please post ASAP if your status has changed so we can provide a final count. Thanks!

PS: There is a TV where we'll be, so we should be able to follow the election results.

See you all tomorrow!

Gotta back out (again....)

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about the burgers!

~Jason

Aw man....where's the south siyeed love, Jason?!? ;)

You missed out Jason! a really excellent burger overall, nice and beefy, great bacon and good condiments. The bun was a bit much, but that was the only flaw. I also really liked the fries I kaiboshed from Lauren, especially with the lovely fresh pesto we'd saved from the portobello fries appetizer. Oh and the slaw that came with the ribs appie was outstanding.

What a great group with whom to watch the election results!

Agreed, it was a very fun way to watch the returns.

The good:

The burger was really good. The bacon, tomato jam, and the fries were great. The riblets were a nice snack and I even thought the fried portabello's were edible.

The bad:

The bun was too big, firm and cold. The wine list is short and low value. Service was quirky. They were quite full and it must have been unexpectedly so. And, I know it's picky, but there were more typos on the menu than I have seen in a long time.

The ugly:

The donuts we had for dessert tasted like they were missing the sugar and they were totally raw. They should never have left the kitchen.

I echo Lauren's comments. Bun was bad and detracted from an otherwise notable burger. Some temp issues too, but I don't mind burgers that are more on the well side. Service was 'quirky'? No, service was BAD. Maybe it was because they were unexpectedly busy, or we had the B team because we were in the bar, but it was bad. Overally the service at Copperleaf is a work in progress, but I've never experienced it being outright bad before.

Fun to watch the election results roll in in with a like-minded/engaged group.

• 1 month later...

Hello BOM-ers!

So, as part of my gig for the weekly, I'm doing short burger write-ups for their upcoming burger wars section, which should be fun for this group to follow along on. It also reminded me that we haven't done one of these for a few months! I'm not sure if you picked the next person or not, but I thought I'd repost the list of places and get people's juices flowing....

Related: I am going to be investigating Burgermaster for the write-up and would like to invite any of y'all who want to join along--we could do the U-District one which actually has seating, or if it's a small group, meet at my place and do the drive-in at aurora (I promise to supply pre and/or post burger cocktails and wine). Here's a few dates for people to pick from if interested in joining: Jan 17,18, 24, 25, 26 (Saturday, could do lunch or dinner), 29, 30.

Palace Kitchen- Anita
The Maple Leaf Grill- Jan
Jaks- Rocky
Bad Alberts- Reese
Sterling Café- Reese
Collins Pub- Tighe
Hi Life- FaiJai
Sport- Wendy
35th Street Bistro – Eden
Blue Moon - Margaret
Market Street Grill in Ballard- Lauren
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downtown- Leslie
Fred's Riverton Alehouse in Snohomish- Fred & Ed
Earth & Ocean - Little Ms Foodie
Palace Kitchen, round 2 - Fai Jay
Asada - White Lotus
Cascadia - hhlodesign
Feenie's - Ling
Moxie - Gourmetlight$
Two Bells - Barry
Deluxe - Allyson
Brasa - Sparrowsfall
22 Doors - Allyson
Elliott Bay Brewing - Tighe
Farestart - Dandelion
Stell's - Eden
Leny's - rockdoggydog
Home Cooked - Lauren
King's Hardware - SeaGal
Zayda Buddy's - Malarkey
Jolly Roger - Little Ms Foodie
Buckley's on Queen Ann - Leslie
Lunchbox Labratory - GourmetLight$
Metropolitan Grill - FayJai
Quinn's - Lauren
BOKA - heyjude
Skillet - croseattle
10 Mercer – Eden
Pig N Whistle – Rocky
Latona Pub - Sally Simpleton
Whalemaker Bar at Ivar’s – Sparrowsfall
Spur - Allyson
Zippy's - Tighe
Springhill - da Goose
Shadowland - Rocky
Frank's Oyster House and Champagne Parlor - Jan (SeaGal)
Smith - Croseattle
Table 219 - da goose
June - Sally Simpleton
Maggie Bluffs - Leslie
Luc - Eden
Wedgwood Broiler - Lauren
5 Corner Market - Jan
Toulouse Petit - Allyson
Local 360 – da Goose
Tavern Law – sparrowsfall
Uneeda – Allyson
Mulleady’s – Lauren
Roosevelt Ale House – SeaGal
Bastille – SeaGal
Marjorie – Allyson
Lil’ Woody’s – da goose
Katsu Burger - croseattle
Golden Beetle - Eden

Burgundian - Lauren

Loretta's - Fai Jay

8oz Burger Bar - (Eden? Cro? Couldn't tell)

Copperlear - Tighe

Yay, I've been missing y'all (and the burgers too)

I could do any of those dates that's not a Friday, and Bill would join us if it was the 26th, 29th or 30th.

I'm glad you bumped this up. I was thinking about it but then December got in the way. So are you thinking that Burgermaster would be our January meeting as well as research for your article? Or would this be in addition to our regular BoM?

Of the dates you listed, I'm available the 17th, 26th (lunch only), 29th or 30th.

Lauren, I wasn't thinking this would be an official BoM, since I have no idea what their burgers like, nor did I know if there was a person selected to be the chooser. But if it's too much to coordinate two meetings, we could call this one? I don't think it matters too much...