Burger Of The Month Club

In please!

Hey a request: whoever decides the final date, pls write where, date, and time. I just wait for others to decide to avoid adding confusion, then see if I can make it, and I often have to scroll way back to assemble the info bits to add to my calendar. Not a big deal, but...

So: Park Pub, ??pm, July 15.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

Ok, finally, here it is: The Park Public House aka The Park Pub, on Phinney. I was there for Happy Hour recently and only tried the wings (delicious) and nachos (good), but the burger sounds good (Painted Hills beef, Macrina buns) and they have tots! Facebook page and Menu.

Sorry, but the 1st is now out for me, so let's grab the 15th since that looks like the only other night that works!

So far it looks like we have:

Lauren

Naomi

Eden

Carolyn

Jan

Let me know if you're plus 1's. Anyone else interested in joining?

PS: I think we have enough for a Trivia Team...Eden, I'm not a huge asset either, but I love it anyway!

In please!

Hey a request: whoever decides the final date, pls write where, date, and time. I just wait for others to decide to avoid adding confusion, then see if I can make it, and I often have to scroll way back to assemble the info bits to add to my calendar. Not a big deal, but...

So: Park Pub, ??pm, July 15.

Good idea, Steve! Park Pub (see above for links), Monday, July 15th, 6:00 or ?? I think this gives us time to get dinner and then those of us staying for trivia can stay; and others move along?

Steve

Lauren

Naomi

Carolyn

Eden and Bill

Jan

Anyone else?

Ok, how about this? Park Pub (see above for links), Monday, July 15th, 6:30 - 7:00. I'll be there at 6:30 for cocktails, and if others want to get there around 7:00 that's fine. I'll see if we can reserve the big table.

Steve

Lauren and Paul

Naomi

Carolyn

Eden and Bill

Jan and maybe Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, how about this? Park Pub (see above for links), Monday, July 15th, 6:30 - 7:00. I'll be there at 6:30 for cocktails, and if others want to get there around 7:00 that's fine. I'll see if we can reserve the big table.

Ok, I spoke with Justin, one of the owners of the Park Pub and he was happy to have us and will reserve a table for 10 - 13 of us. I told him we'd be there between 6:30 and 7:00. Reservation under "burger of the month". See you all tomorrow!

Steve

Lauren, Paul, Mark

Naomi (maybe Brett)

White Lotus

Carolyn (maybe Alex)

Eden and Bill

Jan (maybe Gary)

So Park Pub seems like a great little neighborhood spot, but it is in no way able to cope with a large group like ours. Everything from getting the table, to being able to order drinks was a little disorganized. That said I'd happily go back with only 2-3 friends and have those hush puppies again!!!

My Park Burger was not bad considering that I ordered it rare and it arrived well done. It wasn't as beefy as I'd like, but I assume that was overcooking and would totally give them a second chance.

They were obviously in the weeds the night we were there, which was frustrating because we had made a reservation. There was another large group there for a birthday celebration and maybe, between the two groups, it screwed up their timing, etc.

That said, I had a great time and thought my burger was solid. It was over cooked as Eden said but I thought it had good beefy flavor. And they used Daily's bacon, which I love. Of course they forgot to put it on the burger but were nice enough to bring us a side to add on our own. The bun was good but a little soft. The tots and the fries were boring.

Six of us stayed for trivia after burgers and that was really fun - even though we came in fourth place!

Who's on for picking next?

• 1 month later...

And finally, over a month later, I tag croseattle!