Burger Of The Month Club

:lol: sorry to hear that Carolyn & Wendy can't join us.

This does mean we have a couple slots open for our table at the Palace Kitchen tomorrow night. Please let me know if you want to fill their stylin' shoes...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beatcha, Anita!   Let'd Do This!   Jason

Apparently on the other board, this topic has "run its course..."   Uh, yeah....

Gotta agree with Cam...It WAS expensive. Anita got the Stadium burger. Yup. 'twas big.   Yup. Did the Wagyu upgrade.   Yup. Was about as expensive as the Burger at the Palace Kitchen .   Yee

If any of you want to pre funk before your burgers tonight Dayne and I will be doing this:

Little Tastes of the Dahlia Lounge ~ Cinco De Mayo Style

Dahlia Lounge

Wednesday May 17th, 5:30-7pm

In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, we will be tasting side-by-side Patron tequilas including Anejo, Reposado, Silver and the super fancy Patron Silver. A representative from Patron will be coming down to lead a tasting and explain how this delicious cocktail is made from the leaves of the cactus. Our kitchen will serve up mini tacos and handmade tortillas to pair with the tequilas…..delicioso. Hope to see you there!

For reservations, please call the Dahlia Lounge at 206.682.4142 or email colleen@tomdouglas.com. Cost is $30 inclusive.

Not that I ever doubted your collective judgement, but I have now tried the Palace burger for myself and completely agree - hands down this is THE best burger I've had in Seattle.

Thanks folks for a lovely evening, as always.

I look forward to seeing Rocky's photos.

That was delicious. And I'm very full and fighting a serious burger coma right now.

Thanks Eden for organizing this, and thanks everyone for showing up. It was nice to see you all again. :lol:

And thank you to the Palace Kitchen as well, for the food, service and cheese platter!

Pat

I agree, this is the best burger I've had in Seattle. It was good quality hamburger, cooked to order, seasoned well, juicy w/o being drippy, the bun was perfect size (ie. not too large), and held up well to the burger. I added cheddar and bacon, but the bacon kind of got lost or was too skimpy. I think to my subjective taste, the fries are the best of all the burger places, too. Skinny, crispy, salty, served hot, just the way I like them. Great to see you all. This was my first time to Palace Kitchen and I will be back. Also loved the olive poppers and goat cheese fondue appetizer, and cheeseplate, too.

As always, it was wonderful seeing everyone tonight. Definitely the best burger so far for me that I have tried. I really liked the sour cherry (virgin) drink whose name I have forgotten. I liked the char on the bread pieces with the chevre fondue. The olive poppers were fun as well. I will have to come back to try the desserts. I think that this will be my new late night place to get food. See some of you this Friday @ Oceanaire. Cheers, wl

Palace Kitchen Royale Burger, still tops in Seattle for overall burger. We noticed that they had Waffles and Chicken Gravy on the menu for late night. It was lovely to see everyone, especially Sleepy_Dragon, who we have not seen in way too long. Our waitress was wonderful and did a great job, and the cheese plate was much appreciated. I too am in the camp for more bacon though, mine seemed to be lost in the burger. On to the pictures.

Goat Cheese Fondue

palacekitchenbom10el.jpg

The burger

palacekitchenbom20tu.jpg

palacekitchenbom35wh.jpg

palacekitchenbom48qu.jpg

Rocky

I really liked the sour cherry (virgin) drink whose name I have forgotten. I liked the char on the bread pieces with the chevre fondue.

That was the Sour cherry Fizz: a really excellent mix of cherry juice, lime?, sprite & fresh mint. Most "virgin" drinks are too sweet & syrupy for me, but this was really good, nice & light & citrusy against the primary cherry flavor

The goat cheese fondue had a hint of lavendar in it that hit just the right note against the char on the bread bits- yumm.

I was quite happy with the bacon on my burger. I think I actually got more than everyone else, because I remember thinking it was a generous layer when I first opened the burger, . Plus per discussion at the time it seems I like my bacon a little more crisp than most of the folks at the table, so the texture/flavor I was looking for from bacon was just right. (speaking of subjective tastes :lol: )

The cheese plate the kitchen generously sent out was a lovely touch. Did anyone think to save the "cheese map"? I can't remember now what was on it besides the UFO :lol:

Oh and I had the coconut cream pie, which was OK, I liked that it wasn't too sugary, but as usual with this dessert, the coconut custard got lost under the too generous pile up of cream.

Nice snap of the burger tower, Rocky. Sounds like the consensus still holds on the Palace Kitchen burger. We'll have to get back in soon to have it again.

Since it seems like a lot of you are going to be there tomorrow at Oceanaire, we'll come tomorrow instead of the 26th, if that's OK. (It wasn't until this week that I decided to come down tomorrow as well. :lol: )

See you guys soon!

(I heard Oceanaire has a Kobe...well, Wagyu, burger with onion rings IN the burger!)

hhlodesign sent me this link to the Oceanaire burger...hot damn! Can't wait!

http://www.seattleweekly.com/food/0321/food-oceanaire.php

Since it seems like a lot of you are going to be there tomorrow at Oceanaire, we'll come tomorrow instead of the 26th, if that's OK. (It wasn't until this week that I decided to come down tomorrow as well. :lol: )

See you guys soon!

(I heard Oceanaire has a Kobe...well, Wagyu, burger with onion rings IN the burger!)

Sad :( for the BOM folks next week. Fabulous :lol: for us! Welcome ahead of time to BOM Seattle.

I am so looking forward to seeing you and everyone else this Friday. Cheers...

wl

edited to add PS... Appreciation to Rocky for photos. I just re-lived the "burgermania" moment while reading this thread & eating the cold left-overs of last night which I might add, hold up pretty well. wl