MC5

Wilfrid

I just saw the MC5 will be recipients of a musical excellence award at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year.

Well, the drummer is still alive. Maybe Dennis Thompson will get to perform a drum solo.

• Like 1

I saw what I think was called MC5-DTK (Davis, Thompson, Kramer) with all kinds of special guests -- and as long as you had Wayne Kramer there was a sense of occasion. But Mr Manitoba is no Rob Tyner.

15 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

I just saw the MC5 will be recipients of a musical excellence award at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year.

Well, the drummer is still alive. Maybe Dennis Thompson will get to perform a drum solo.

Maybe Jackson Smith (Fred and Patti's son) will play guitar...he's pretty good.

Excellent piece, thank you. “The exact right thing at the wrong time.”

And it shows it’s not just the MC5. Black artists being admitted aeons late. And I was amazed John Mayall is still with us (well done); Alexis Korner dead 40 years. Rock and Roll Mausoleum of Fame.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 4:58 AM, Wilfrid said:

He didn’t make it. https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/may/10/dennis-thompson-dies-aged-75-death-mc5-drummer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other