g.johnson

Death Pool

I walked by recently and was surprised to see it still around.

We were shown the Cucina di Pesce space recently. It was the second most revolting nyc restaurant kitchen I've seen. Sivan had to run out so as not to puke.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Orik said:

the second most revolting

What was the first?

I eventually forgot about the new location. Went a couple of times; I think only once to the original.

43 minutes ago, Orik said:

Mancora

Ah. Never ate there, but I had many group dinners at Cucina (and the one across the street - Pescatore?) when I and my friends were more broke-ass than we are now.

There were 4 places in the original "Cucina" group.  The 1st one was on Bleeker, a couple of doors toward 7th from Matt Umanov & I used to go for lunch with friends back in the early '80s.  The 2nd one was also on Bleeker, halfway to Hudson from 7th (south side of street) and had a downstairs room as well as the ground floor space.  Ginny & I went there throughout the rest of the '80s.  Both made many good (for the time) pasta dishes at very low prices.   I only went to Cucina di Pesce for dinner a couple of times & for Happy Hour there several other times.  I remember good mussels, but ehh everything else.  Never went to the 4th place (Pescatore?) across the street.

I was referring to the place across E 4th, the one we both thought was Pescatore. In case that wasn't apparent. (It's really hot in here - I'm not thinking that clearly.)

33 minutes ago, small h said:

I was referring to the place across E 4th, the one we both thought was Pescatore. In case that wasn't apparent. (It's really hot in here - I'm not thinking that clearly.)

You were clear.  I was just similarly recalling the name of the one I went to first.  No a/c?

We have one a/c in the living room and one in the bedroom. But my home office just has a ceiling fan. I may move my base of operations!

Finally have a breeze blowing through the window this afternoon.

Vaucluse (via Eater).  One of our faves.  Last time there, dinner on Feb. 28th.  If/When we go back to dining out, it will be missed.