• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ADNY Caught in a cycle where they have to increase prices because they don't get enough customers thus discouraging new customers. Plus the food isn’t very good.   Pure Food and Wine If Roxanne

ADNY is not a loss leader for the whole Ducasse organization. I doubt that that many people would go to Ducasse's French/Italian establishments because they experienced a good meal at ADNY. If they a

Here are the details:   "SAM DE MARCO has closed FIRST, his 10-year-old restaurant at 87 First Avenue (Fifth Street). He will be the consulting chef at MOVIDA, a nightclub and lounge opening soon at

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw the email about Blue Smoke.  Headed over here, but mitchells beat me to it.  Conveniently a short walk from our apartment, it was a place we went to many times.  While the bbq there wasn’t my favorite, the burger was excellent.  We always started with the Deviled eggs. And the Key Lime pie was our favorite dessert.  When we finally return to the city, we’ll miss being able to go there.

Edited to add: The Battery Park location remains open.

54 minutes ago, mitchells said:

Blue Smoke and Jazz Standard. ☹️ 

I saw several good shows there while eating bbq from upstairs. 

Ahh too bad.. I loved that place, that was in the forefront of the BBQ revolution to hit NYC.  I had a lot of fun times there, use to take customers there when I had my ny showroom, pre covid.   That Danny Meyer, that was his first foray into Casual and burgers?  Maybe not.  

The last time I went there, I split a burger with a buyer.. He was getting over his second heart attack, so he was eating light..  

Blue Smoke was a haven for me after Pearsons was forced closed in Queens and before I could enjoy the best moments of R.U.B. and Wildwood and, later, dependable Hill Country and Dinosaur and Hometown.

I'll always feel sentimental about their their black-pepper beef ribs and smoked Manhattans; and oh yeah, our wedding.

J&J Wedding - 51-1.jpg

DSC_1297-2.jpg

DSC_1374-3.jpg

_dsc0121_17216783045_o-4.jpg