instagram cookware

i never thought ig cookware was a thing, but of course it makes sense…

click for more

“It was a lot of the same photography of a nicely manicured hand with J. Hannah nail polish holding a plate,” said Jo Ledda a 33-year-old dietitian who coveted the Always Pan after seeing it splashed all over social media. Ms. Ledda, who received an Always Pan as a gift in 2021, said it lost its nonstick capabilities within the first month of use. She eventually threw it out.

Tosin Odugbemi Hoskins purchased Caraway’s nonstick pots and pans in 2021 in the “cream” colorway after seeing influencers promote them. “They enlisted an army of people to tell you it was the best pan in the world,” she said. After about six months, the ceramic nonstick coating began to deteriorate.

“It was this whole dance,” she said of the four-piece set. “I had one if I wanted to make a steak, and one for only fish or egg.” She would micromanage her boyfriend — a chef — when he wanted to use one. In April, Ms. Odugbemi Hoskins finally listed the set for $50 on Facebook Marketplace from her home in Millbrook, N.Y.

I have never understood the influence of influencers!     Why on earth would you consider the recommendations of twits who know nothing about anything and are only selling themselves.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

Because nobody believes in informed independent professional criticism any more.  They don't understand it as a concept.

Or, to put it more simply, they just don't give a shit. And believe the masses know more than than professional critics might.  Also, it's much easier to scroll IG or watch a 30-second video than to read a well-researched article.

Edited by MitchW

2 hours ago, MitchW said:

Or, to put it more simply, they just don't give a shit. And believe the masses know more than than professional critics might.  Also, it's must easier to scroll IG or watch a 30-second video than to read a well-researched article.

i don't think the kids these days even know how to read. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MitchW said:

Or, to put it more simply, they just don't give a shit. And believe the masses know more than than professional critics might.  Also, it's must easier to scroll IG or watch a 30-second video than to read a well-researched article.

The thing is, they don't though.

There are so many amateur internet product reviews, for example, where you can tell that the reviewer's only experience is with the product being reviewed and maybe one that it's replacing.  How much is a review worth if the reviewer doesn't have experience with a full range of what's available?  These amateur reviewers have no grounds for comparison.

Add to that people's tendency to want to justify their cash outlays (thus making them want to like whatever it is they purchased) -- as opposed to the disinterest of a professional critic who has no money on the line -- and you have what to me is a lot of useless noise.

Edited by Sneakeater
  • Like 1