All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. I had a great meal at Little Mad a few weeks back.
  3. How about Four TwentyFive, Vongerichten’s new place? If we were doing indoor restaurant dining, I would try it because Jonathan Benno is in charge of the kitchen.
  4. Somehow my physiotherapist got into the subject of enjoying ethics classes at college. Next thing, I am explaining the problems with mind-body identity to her. Little did she know. (This is the part of the session where I lie still and let her dig into my tissue; small talk required.)
  5. I am on a charmed streak with restaurant meals in New York City. Francie twice, Cafe Carmellini. It’s not usually like this (it’s usually like something I could have cooked better at home, hello chewy duck). I am overdue for a return to Foxface, but where else should I go? Based on a lunch earlier this year, the answer might be Le CouCou.
  6. Wilfrid

Eater

Their publicist is on a roll.
  7. Oh, those caves with the graffiti are worth seeing.
  8. I was probably last there around 1981. Staying in Tarbes. I don’t think I could afford restaurants but I remember creating stacks of little saucers in a local bar.
  9. small h

Eater

Someone’s getting bribed with shriiiimp.
  10. Simon

Eater

Fascinating that the Times also just published a piece prominently featuring Dock to Dish
  11. backyardchef

Eater

Weird. It is an excellent advertisement.
  12. Sneakeater

Eater

I may vomit. https://ny.eater.com/2024/4/23/24138326/royal-red-shrimp-dock-to-dish-greenpoint-fish-and-lobster-long-island
  13. This year's one matzo brei - savory style.
  14. Going with the Fam to the Southwest this summer. Into out of Toulouse. Any places in a relatively wide driving distance you see as a can't miss. Especially food and accomodations. I spent a lot of time in region as a kid but the last time I was there was 1991 so I'm sure nothing has changed. My cousins lived in Revel so I know that area east of Toulouse reasonably well. Also always looking for good ways to find places to stay. Like years ago I recall Ori talking up Hegia which no longer exists but I would love to find places like that. Or a good resource for renting a house somewhere. Have not booked any stays other than the first few nights in Toulouse to get the kids over Jet Lag. Biarritz? Dordogne? Is Carcassonne even worth it or so overwhelmed with tourists it's not fun? Also any French language planning resources that are really obvious?
  15. We have woods behind our house and I feed the birds and wildlife. I love the serenades I get first thing in the morning when I put out food and fresh water. This morning's chorus included White-throated sparrows, brown-headed cowbirds, black-capped chickadees, mourning dove, American goldfinch, yellow-rumped warblers and northern cardinals. It truly makes my day when I get to experience nature like this. I will miss it when I move.
  16. And at some point, they wont be impossible; at that same point, we probably wont care. It's bad enough I have to go to the "secondary market" for some of the music I want to see; that's where I draw the line.
  17. I can get into places I actively want to go to, which does involve being flexible. The challenge is with places I am curious about because they are so besieged like Tatiana, but in the end who cares? And then there are the impossible places I don’t want to go to anyway. Is there somewhere I am begging for a reservation but can’t get one? Not obviously.
  18. I could live like this, maybe.
  19. there is a cooking school that hosts regular seminars at a castle in puglia more details on the site
  20. awaiting table Globally, while there are three legally-agreed upon classifications of olive oil- Extra virgin, virgin, lantern oil- it’s actually ‘extra virgin’ that is the most divided. Extra virgin olive oil is both: 1) the industrial commodity oil made from chemically stripping fat from olives and various seeds using hexane (a chemical from the petroleum industry), deodorising it in a refinery, before blending it for supermarket sales. 2) small-batch artisanal extra virgin olive oil so high in polyphenols as to be classified as pharmecetials. Like fine wine, these oils are usually made of single varietals, from a specific location, in a specific year. Anyone that tastes the second never goes back to the first. Most consumers of olive oil have never tasted the second. Here is your chance to receive a year’s supply of our three extra virgin olive oils, delivered to your front door. We’ve been making, selling and shipping it around the world now for the last eight years. Each oil is approved by a sommelier of extra virgin, not only to be free of defects but to be rich in the character of each cultivar. Try a case. It’s not likely that you’ll ever go back (98% order it again the next year). Price is 19 Euro per bottle. We recommend 12, which reflects the sweet spot in pricing for international for shipping. —————- i have been a customer for the past 3 years. a case of 12 500 ml metal canisters cost roughly $330 in november 2023
  21. Last week
  22. Yup crumbled matzoh is the kosher for passover style. The pasta looking ones are not KforP, I think those are the ones my grandmother referred to as "egg barley", though hers looked more broken.
  23. Yes - for instance: Yehuda Matzo Farfel is coarsely broken matzo for coating and cooking. (from Yehuda)
  24. My wife was just offered a managerial position at the Frick Collection. So proud of her and so excited!
  1. Load more activity