the lunch thread (cont.)

Diancecht

technically this was brunch:

bagels (sesame, everything, onion, plain)

sable, cured scottish salmon, whitefish salad, smoked whitefish, cream cheeses (vegetable, scallion, plain); herring salad; coleslaw; tomatoes, onion, cucumber, capers

tea; coffee; juices

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0555.jpeg

Edited by Diancecht

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Repurposing the leftover roast chicken into sandwiches.  Yesterday, it was chicken salad; today, it was sliced chicken on sprouted wheat bread with the leftover sweet mustard ham glaze as a sandwich spread.

Edited by StephanieL

• 2 weeks later...

Ham, cheese and tomato sandwich.

More exciting than it sounds (for me, anyway) because this was on low-carb bread from the local supermarket, and Keto-friendly bread is now good enough that it's indistinguishable from real bread. I mean just regular, sliced bread, not high-end, fancy artisanal bread. 

• 4 weeks later...

@StephanieL this might interest you

i visited that cafè today (address in the breakfast thread) and bought a jar of poulet basquaise, some boiled potatoes, a jar of tarte tatin and some perrier. all told, this came out to slightly over $30, not including tip.

the chicken was bone-in and pretty good, if a tad oversalted. the tarte tatin was apples and crumbs; perhaps a better choice for dessert might have been the chocolate mousse.

i’m still not sold on the whole concept but at least there is one more lunch option that isn’t a variation of burritos, pokè or chipotle.

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2161.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...