Diancecht

i can’t believe i lived in nyc for close to 30 years and not once did i ever set foot inside.

well, we’re making up for lost time. apparently zabar’s offers insulated bags for travelers like us.

we’re buying a lot of appetizing for brunch tomorrow. i wish we could include some pickles as well, but the no liquids requirement is a stumbling block due to tsa regulations.

IMG_0488.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

i didn’t know about the housewares on the second floor 🤔

when we approached the ramekins, i remarked to hubby, “this section is dangerous because i am a white dish freak.” 

unfortunately, we didn’t have enough room in our luggage. i would have totally gotten a few pieces.

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0502.jpeg

IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0507.jpeg

Edited by Diancecht

My college roommate (who lived between 72nd and 3rd) introduced me to Zabar's on my first visit to NYC while I was still in college. I spent a lot of time (and money) over the years on the 2nd floor. And also in the cheese section. I haven't been in years. Guess I'll have to do a nostalgia visit next time I am in town

13 hours ago, Mitchell101 said:

Wasn’t Jenkins at Fairway?

Dean & DeLuca, Balducci's, Fairway and I think Coach Farms (fun fact it's the people who owned Coach Leather) maybe consulting for them. My mom was super big on the know your cheesemonger and butcher and deli person deal. She would follow people she liked back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...