breakfast

Diancecht

As long as I was baking yesterday, and had the oven going, I wanted to try something different (for me) and new.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e66bc54f7737126b0a2000416202581.jpeg

Tried making granola for the first time.  A mashup of Eleven Madison Park's and Marion Cunningham's granola recipes.  Actually not bad.

Rolled oats, raw pepitas, raw almonds, butter, grapeseed oil, B grade maple syrup, brown sugar, salt, dried cranberries, dried sour cherries, and raisins.

image.thumb.png.84e1b18788cd2cb0682e9aa8c736cde8.png

Whitefish salad from Zabar’s folded into a duck egg omelette.

Actually got a fish bone stuck in my throat for the first time in living memory, but I remembered the fix: gulp down even bigger mouthfuls of food to dislodge it.

• 2 weeks later...

a new restaurant opened next to my office and here is part of their menu.

the pastries and baguettes are quite good, actually. so i am hoping that the other offerings are just as delicious.

the gimmick is “glass jars that contain food”; you buy the jar and use it to reheat its contents. a friend who lives in france/italy says this style of serving was trendy about 15-20 years ago but never as takeout…and i am not feeling it but hopefully it works because the part of sf where my office is located is a food desert.

IMG_2055.jpeg

4 hours ago, Diancecht said:

a new restaurant opened next to my office and here is part of their menu.

the pastries and baguettes are quite good, actually. so i am hoping that the other offerings are just as delicious.

the gimmick is “glass jars that contain food”; you buy the jar and use it to reheat its contents. a friend who lives in france/italy says this style of serving was trendy about 15-20 years ago but never as takeout…and i am not feeling it but hopefully it works because the part of sf where my office is located is a food desert.

IMG_2055.jpeg

Ooh, which place is this?

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.jpeg.eff330c645f2f266fcf9e653b3b1e384.jpeg

Baked up another big batch of granola this morning, sorta following EMP's recipe.  this one has oats, almonds, pistachios, pepitas, raisins, sour cherries, maple syrup, brown sugar, olive oil, butter, vanilla, and salt.

Edited by MitchW
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...