Restaurant Closings

Sneakeater

• 1 month later...

IMG_8779.thumb.jpeg.90408aecbbce9291ff5ea8a026701e3e.jpeg

Well I must not know anything about retailing. Color me shocked that a store open a whole two to three days a week (when it wasn’t just randomly closed for the better part of a month to go on vacation or something) couldn’t survive. 

Edited by SethG

17 hours ago, SethG said:

Well I must not know anything about retailing. Color me shocked that a store open a whole two to three days a week (when it wasn’t just randomly closed for the better part of a month to go on vacation or something) couldn’t survive. 

I'll miss them, though. Their prices were often better than Best Produce or whatever it's called.

17 hours ago, backyardchef said:

No. Restaurants are really only good for losing money. 

I have never forgotten a comment by an acclaimed British chef I heard maybe thirty years ago. "If I'd wanted to make money, I'd have opened a sandwich bar."

(Had to look up his name: Alistair Little.)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SethG said:

IMG_8779.thumb.jpeg.90408aecbbce9291ff5ea8a026701e3e.jpeg

1 hour ago, small h said:

I'll miss them, though. Their prices were often better than Best Produce or whatever it's called.

Well, there is also the little known fact that most of that stuff is available a few blocks away for a lot less money.

Or the other fact, that most of that stuff - no one gives a shit about.